Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What Have You Done Now?

This is another poem I originally wrote for an assignment...but my friend talked me out of it...but I wrote it when I was going through an emotional breakdown...While I was writing this I was crying...but I think it turned out okay...Just a warning...it's kinda dark and depressing....

Why does it hurt so much?
It hurts so badly,
Just like being skinned alive,
It didn't hurt like this before,
You were caring like a lover,
The first time I could say I was ready,
This time?I was not expecting it,
What caused it this time?
Why did you break my heart again?
You swore to me you would hold me forever,
So I gave you my heart,
I gave you my everything,
All you gave me was false hope
And some flowers,
Why do you torment me so?
I have always wanted someone like you,
Sweet kisses like candy,
Someone who would treat me right,
Do I have some sort of curse to drive you away?
Do you want me to hurt?
Do you want me to suffer?
Do you want me to cry?
These tears are for you,
But this time I won’t forgive you,
Because I can’t forget you,
I’ll let myself cry over you,
But I won’t let it control me,
I will move on,
I will hold on to the memories,
I have only one thing to ask you now,
What have you done now?
~Elle

2 comments:

Bethany Joy said...

i did not talk you out of it, i just liked the other one so i suggested it, htere was no coercing or forceful speach. passive suggestions and if it were me reading it aloud, i would have chosen the one i suggested so i did no wrong thank you wery much!

Caro's Blog said...

That is really good poem. I like it very much because I felt the same way you discribe it last winter. I nearly started to vry because all the old feelings came back to me. Really good poem.