Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Couples Hall

Staring across the hall,
I can't help but see couples
Together and in love,
I wrap my arms around me,
Suddenly feeling cold and alone,
I long for someone to hold me,
Someone to whisper
Sweet nothings in my ear,
Someone to romance and to woo me,
I want someone to love me,
As I watch others hold theirs close,
It makes me want one myself,
I fantasize about sweet kisses,
And warm embraces,
That is all they are though,
Fantasies,
I hold myself tighter,
I start to walk alone
Down the hall of couples,
Someday I might walk
With someone down this hall.
~Elle

1 comment:

Bethany Joy said...

1) really good, clearly about love, or lack there of. the pain of being single. i know you broke up with your boyfriend recently but consider writing a companion piece or two that's like about the joy of being single
2) I hold myself tighter, i start to walk alone, down the hall of couples.
3) I would a) consider your punctuation, if you want i can tell you where i think the periods should go. I think you need a few. b) lines 10, 11, and 12 dont flow as well as the rest, i dont know what to tell you as far as fixing them, but just putting it out there.
4) i really like this one. it rings truer with me personally.