Monday, December 10, 2007

Impact!

1) The theme in what you write is very important to a peice of literature....If a piece of literature needs a theme for someone to understand what the story is about. I cannot think of something that doesn't have a theme, maybe poetry, but not stories...but I can think of stories that I've read that don't have a plot. It's not that hard to come up with a theme, but it is hard to come up with a plot, that is why many people skip it. To those who think anything you write may not have a theme, maybe you aren't looking hard enough for it, most poetry out there has no theme, I will give you that, but I will not let you get off of having just a simple "It has no theme" answer to any thing you read, just think on this...Does Harry Potter have a theme? If you say no, answer this, do you even know what a theme is?

2) The stories that last over a long time, people could only dream of writing something like that. But, people need to understand, those authors were amazing, they wrote from what they knew some people would like, no they wrote from what they knew alot of people would like. What kept them immortal until now, it would have to be the soul and spirit behind the book. Do you get that? Each book has a soul and/or spirit, something that keeps it alive in everyone. I know for a fact that I would never be able to write such an amazing book, I might be able to write a poem like that, but never a book. I'm not that good of a writer...

3)If I could have one long-lasting impact on the world around me, it would be how much of a person I am...I don't want to be known for who I am friends with, I don't wanna be known for who my family is...I wanna be known for who I am and how much I can change the world. If I am known as a write, so be it, if I am known as a wonderful person, kudos for me. I just wanna die known for who I am and not what I can do. If I could have the chance to make an impact on daily life as we know it, I would love it, it would make me feel like a person, and not just someone that is standing there. I want to be seen in a crowd, and not just one of a million. I am one in a million and the impact that I can make, I want it to be true. I want to help others though what I went though, and to stop others from doing what happened to me. I want to save people and help them though life.

4 comments:

Bethany Joy said...

lol, i'm curious as to what you'd say the theme of harry potter is. I do agree that it has one.

.//blog said...

WRONG are you saying that storyes w/o theme are bad?
you can bs a theme to anything, even bo-bo-bo... maybe.

You seem to make it look as if they were gods and we don't have a chance to mach their greatness.

...

Caro's Blog said...

Yes I agree that every storie has a theme. The soul of the book and that the book hooks you i from the first sec is important, that is a good poinmt from you.

Mr. Miles said...

I thought your #3 was interesting. You remind me a lot of myself, wanting to make a difference in the world.

I think that you could write something everlasting. If you really want to (and it's okay not to want to), don't give up yet!